Eyes are the most highly developed of all the sense organs. They need proper care and attention particularly as they are constantly exposed to dirt, dust, pollution, smoky atmosphere. Abusing your eyes by letting them become over-tired can result in headaches.
By following certain tips you can keep your eyes looking and feeling their best. These are:-
- Get into the habit of starting the day by splashing your open eyes with cold water, so that they are thoroughly cleaned and stimulated.
- Avoid using too much of eye drops, rather it is better to squeeze fresh cucumber juice into your eyes.
- Don’t read in poor light; the light should come from behind or above rather than from the front.
- Don’t read for more than two hours at a stretch. Give a rest in between to your eyes for 10 min by putting the palms of your hands over them and shutting out the light.
- Do not rub or stretch the skin under the eyes-it is very delicate and is easily damaged.
- Keep the use of eye creams to minimum and be careful not to get them into your eyes. If you do, wash your eyes immediately with warm water.
- Make sure that your diet contains good sources of Vitamin A, such as cereals, celery, oily fish, egg yolk and liver. If your eyes are itchy, watery or bloodshot you could be lacking in Vitamin B2 which can be found in brewer’s yeast, liver and whole grain cereals.
- Make sure to remove all traces of eye make up before going to best for it might cause infection in the roots of eyelashes.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Your sleep pattern should be composed of at least 7 hrs.