3. Creamy Cheddar Mac & Cheese Donuts
|1-12oz pkg||Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese Kit|
|1/2 cup||panko breadcrumbs|
|1 cup||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|sauces, vegetables, or other toppings of your choice|
- Prepare Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac n Cheese per directions, let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix the panko bread crumbs, one tablespoon of melted butter, and half of the cheddar cheese (1/2 cup). Set aside.
- Mix the mac & cheese with the egg and flour and remaining shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup).
- Use remaining butter to grease donut pan. Spoon the mixture equally into greased donut pan and sprinkle with the panko breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and donuts feel firm.
- Add your favorite toppings to doughnuts. Serve & enjoy!
About the Author:
Craig Schauffel grew up on Long Island, New York. Started working in kitchens at the age of 15. Attended the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY upon graduation from high school. To deepen his culinary knowledge and skills, Craig embarked on European culinary travels where he performed stagiers at a 1 Michelin star restaurant in the champagne region of France, L’Assiette Champenoise, and then the 3 Michelin star restaurant, Aubergine, in Munich, Germany.
In 2005 a serendipitous meeting with the owner of Valley Fine Foods brought Craig’s 20+ years of culinary development to the food manufacturing world. In the past 13 years, Craig has been instrumental in growing the company from the original manufacturing facility in Benicia, California to 3 production facilities on both coasts producing fresh and frozen filled and cut pasta, gourmet sauces, and prepared meals in the retail, club and foodservice markets. He always begins with the highest quality, 100% Natural ingredients.