Primary - Quadriceps
Secondary - Hamstring, buttocks
- Stand in the basic position with your feet parallel, legs slightly bent and the feet not wider apart than your hips. The tip of your feet should be pointing outwards with your stomach and buttock tense, and the head in line with the spine. Beginners can place their hand on their hips or thighs.
- Bend and lower your body. Bend your knees and lower your body.
- Upper part of the body will lean a little forward during the course of the exercise.
- Bend, till the legs are at an angle of about 90%
- After stretching, your legs return back to the starting position.
- Don't forget to breathe correctly during the course of the exercise.
- Remember to keep your knees, thighs and tip of feet in line, besides you should be able to see the tips of your feet in front of your knees even in the end position.