- Calories: 100 CALORIES A PORTION
- Note:- This low fat method of preparing the aubergines, rather than the traditional frying, shows just one way in which fat and calories can be significantly reduced in cooking. The cheese and yogurt make a good calcium contribution. A tasty and nourishing dish for vegetarians.
- 1 medium aubergine, thinly sliced
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- 50 g / 2 oz /1 cup diced feta cheese
- 60 ml / 4 tbsp low fat natural ( plain ) yogurt
- olive oil
- Paprika and garlic salt
- Sprinkle the aubergine slices with garlic salt, leave for 30 minutes, then rinse and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 200 c/ 400 F/ Gas 6. Brush a baking dish with olive oil and arrange the aubergine and tomatoes so that they are slightly overlapping. Scatter with feta cheese and spoon over the yogurt.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garlic salt, then bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown. Serve hot.