Nutritive InformationPer portions
- Energy: 34kcals/143kj
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated: fat 0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Fibre (NSP): 206g
- Calcium: 38.7mg
- Cups baby carrots 175g/60z/2 ½
- Sugar-peas or mangetouts: 175g/60z/2 cups
- Baby corn cobs 115g/40z
- Vegetable stock: 90ml/6 tbsp
- Lime juice: 10ml/2 tsp
- Salt and ground black pepper chopped fresh parsley and snipped fresh chives, to garnish
- Place the carrots, peas and baby corn cobs in a large heavy-based saucepan with the vegetable stock and lime juice. Bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat, then simmer for 6-8 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, then add the parsley and chives.
- Cook the vegetables for a few seconds more, stirring them once or twice until the herbs are well mixed, then serve at once.