- Calories: 309 Kcal
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 7g
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 4 (6 1/2 -inch) whole-wheat pita bread rounds
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with 1 tsp olive oil. Spread evenly over baking sheet. In same bowl toss butternut squash with remaining oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and spread on second baking sheet. Place both sheets in oven and roast for about 20 minutes (or until fork tender), stirring once after 10 minutes.
- While veggies roast, lay pita rounds on cutting board. Spread 2 Tbsp ricotta on each pita.
Remove squash and Brussels sprouts from oven and spoon evenly onto pita rounds. Divide red onion, sage and pecans evenly and sprinkle on pitas. Top each with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese. Return pitas to oven, setting them carefully directly on the rack for a crispier crust or on a baking sheet for a softer crust. Heat for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.